- This event has passed.
06/11/15 - 08/11/15
Welcome to Paramedicine 2015
November 6 to 8, 2015 – Fallsview Casino Resort; Niagara Falls, Ontario
The annual conference of the Ontario Paramedic Association for Paramedics, Paramedic Students and anyone interested in the future of pre-hospital and out-of-hospital care in Ontario.
Please share information on the conference with others as space is limited.
The conference audience includes Paramedics, Paramedic Students, Educators, Managers and anyone interested in the future of pre-hospital and out-of-hospital care in Ontario.
Conference attendees want to learn about unique, state of the art, cutting-edge subjects and to earn continuing education based on core medical, trauma and education topics.
Format & Session Length
Conference education sessions are offered in 1 hour blocks – approximately 45 minutes for the workshop / presentation followed by a 15 minute question period. Pre-conference workshops will be offered in 4 hour and 8 hour blocks on Friday, November 6th; these workshops have separate registration fees.
Topics & Sessions
We are requesting proposals for innovative and unique topics, as well as core curriculum, for the following four conference tracks:
Patient Care These sessions are designed to cover crucial core concepts and techniques relevant to enhancing the knowledge base of the Paramedic.
Research These sessions are designed to spotlight research techniques as well as current research relevant to out-of-hospital providers.
Education These sessions may include a variety of topics from enhancing presentation techniques to improving the learning environment. The workshop or presentation may include basic and advanced subjects for college educators, Paramedic services and Base Hospital educators.
Specialty Topics These sessions are targeted for the non-traditional EMS provider and can be tailored to the basic or advanced level. The workshop or presentation may include current ideas for responding to unique situations encountered in the field and other issues not typically addressed in the core knowledge sessions.The following two tabs change content below.Paramedic, educator, researcherAlan is a critical care paramedic, paramedic educator and prehospital researcher, currently working around the world as an educator and researcher. He has previously worked and studied across Europe, North America and the Middle East. He holds a Graduate Certificate in Intensive Care Paramedic Studies, and an MSc in Critical Care. His main interests are in care of the elderly, end-of-life care, patient safety, professionalism (including role and identity), and paramedic education.
Latest posts by Alan Batt (see all)
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Vol 3 Issue 2 - 27/06/16
- Free CPD at the Emergency Services Show - 23/05/16
- Care at the Scene – Research for Ambulance Services - 17/05/16
- Canadian Paramedicine Feb/Mar 2016 – Open Access Issue - 11/04/16
- Eat, sleep and be healthy – a paramedic’s guide to healthier shift work - 10/04/16
Last modified: 25/06/15
Get weekly email updates!
Cast Your Vote
- Blogs (40)
- Case Studies (8)
- Featured Article (23)
- How-To (47)
- FOAM (8)
- News (117)
- Conference Tweets (31)
- Pharmacology (1)
- Adrenaline (1)
- Research (180)
- Advanced Practice (2)
- Airway Management (6)
- Anaphylaxis (2)
- Cardiac (15)
- Community Paramedic (2)
- Critical Care Paramedic (4)
- Diagnostics (3)
- Dispatch (1)
- ECG (4)
- Education (10)
- EMS Operations (2)
- End-of-Life Care (3)
- Geriatrics (9)
- Guidelines (22)
- HEMS (4)
- Mass Casualty (2)
- Medical Conditions (5)
- Mental Health (7)
- Military & Tactical (2)
- Neonatal (1)
- Neuro (11)
- Obstetrics (1)
- Paediatrics (4)
- Pain Management (4)
- Poster Presentations (5)
- Professionalism (5)
- Remote, Industrial & Austere (6)
- Respiratory (5)
- Resuscitation (27)
- Rural (3)
- Safety (3)
- Sepsis (7)
- Shock (2)
- Simulation (7)
- Sports Medicine (1)
- Trauma (20)
- Reviews (6)
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Vol 3 Issue 2 (27/06/16)
- Free CPD at the Emergency Services Show (23/05/16)
- Canadian Paramedicine Feb/Mar 2016 – Open Access Issue (11/04/16)
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Volume 3 Issue 1 (01/04/16)
- Introducing the Irish Journal of Paramedicine (22/11/15)
Latest How-To Articles
- Paramedic students…write something! (28/04/16)
- Understanding diagnostic tests 2: likelihood ratios, pre- and post-test probabilities and their use in clinical practice (30/01/15)
- Understanding diagnostic tests 1: sensitivity, specificity and predictive values (11/12/14)
- GRADE guidelines – best practices using the GRADE framework (22/11/14)
- How to get started with EMS research – JEMS (16/05/14)
academic ACS airway management ambulance AMI Australia Canada cardiac cardiac arrest case study clinical management computer conference consensus CPG CPR CPR UL critical care CVA database ECG education elderly emergency EMS evidence based FOAM FPHC geriatric guide guideline guidelines haemorrhage HEMS Ireland journal medication mental health neurology news OHCA online paediatric pain management paramedic prehospital PTSD reference research resuscitation review safety sepsis septic shock simulation social media software spinal STEMI stress stroke Student Paramedic study TBI training Translational Health Sciences trauma Twitter UK USA