- This event has passed.
Free Online Course: Understanding Research: An Overview for Health Professionals
New session announced – August 2014
- 6 weeks duration
- 2-4 hours of work / week
Participants will learn the elements of research methods and design that are essential to the translation of knowledge into clinical practice, administration/leadership, and health policy.
About the Course
This course looks at the various aspects of research as it pertains to health.
The course objectives are as follows:
- Summarize the format of research articles and the research methods included in each section of an article.
- Analyze and critique research questions, study design, methods including sample selection, bias, data collection procedures, measures, and analysis plan, results, discussion and interpretation of findings.
- Compare and contrast different quantitative study designs.
- Analyze the validity and reliability of measures.
- Understand the ethical and cultural issues related to research methods.
Sign up for free @ http://www.coursera.org/course/researchforhealthThe following two tabs change content below.Paramedic, educator, researcherAlan is a critical care paramedic, paramedic educator and prehospital researcher, currently working around the world as an educator and researcher. He has previously worked and studied across Europe, North America and the Middle East. He holds a Graduate Certificate in Intensive Care Paramedic Studies, and an MSc in Critical Care. His main interests are in care of the elderly, end-of-life care, patient safety, professionalism (including role and identity), and paramedic education.
Latest posts by Alan Batt (see all)
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Vol 3 Issue 2 - 27/06/16
- Free CPD at the Emergency Services Show - 23/05/16
- Care at the Scene – Research for Ambulance Services - 17/05/16
- Canadian Paramedicine Feb/Mar 2016 – Open Access Issue - 11/04/16
- Eat, sleep and be healthy – a paramedic’s guide to healthier shift work - 10/04/16
Last modified: 29/01/14
Get weekly email updates!
Cast Your Vote
- Blogs (40)
- Case Studies (8)
- Featured Article (23)
- How-To (47)
- FOAM (8)
- News (117)
- Conference Tweets (31)
- Pharmacology (1)
- Adrenaline (1)
- Research (180)
- Advanced Practice (2)
- Airway Management (6)
- Anaphylaxis (2)
- Cardiac (15)
- Community Paramedic (2)
- Critical Care Paramedic (4)
- Diagnostics (3)
- Dispatch (1)
- ECG (4)
- Education (10)
- EMS Operations (2)
- End-of-Life Care (3)
- Geriatrics (9)
- Guidelines (22)
- HEMS (4)
- Mass Casualty (2)
- Medical Conditions (5)
- Mental Health (7)
- Military & Tactical (2)
- Neonatal (1)
- Neuro (11)
- Obstetrics (1)
- Paediatrics (4)
- Pain Management (4)
- Poster Presentations (5)
- Professionalism (5)
- Remote, Industrial & Austere (6)
- Respiratory (5)
- Resuscitation (27)
- Rural (3)
- Safety (3)
- Sepsis (7)
- Shock (2)
- Simulation (7)
- Sports Medicine (1)
- Trauma (20)
- Reviews (6)
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Vol 3 Issue 2 (27/06/16)
- Free CPD at the Emergency Services Show (23/05/16)
- Canadian Paramedicine Feb/Mar 2016 – Open Access Issue (11/04/16)
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Volume 3 Issue 1 (01/04/16)
- Introducing the Irish Journal of Paramedicine (22/11/15)
Latest How-To Articles
- Paramedic students…write something! (28/04/16)
- Understanding diagnostic tests 2: likelihood ratios, pre- and post-test probabilities and their use in clinical practice (30/01/15)
- Understanding diagnostic tests 1: sensitivity, specificity and predictive values (11/12/14)
- GRADE guidelines – best practices using the GRADE framework (22/11/14)
- How to get started with EMS research – JEMS (16/05/14)
academic ACS AED airway management ambulance AMI Australia Canada cardiac cardiac arrest case study CCP clinical management computer conference consensus CPG CPR CPR UL critical care CVA database ECG education elderly EMS evidence based FOAM FPHC geriatric guide guideline guidelines haemorrhage HEMS Ireland journal medication mental health neurology news OHCA online paediatric pain management paramedic prehospital PTSD reference research resuscitation review safety sepsis simulation social media software spinal STEMI stress stroke Student Paramedic study TBI training Translational Health Sciences trauma Twitter UK USA