- This event has passed.
9th European Congress on Emergency Medicine
10/10/15 - 14/10/15
Welcome to EuSEM’s congress in Torino 2015, surely one of the most beautiful and fascinating cities in Europe.
“The Truly European Flavour” is our congress motto and I think this city has some of the finest flavours of historic and modern which Europe has to offer.
The glorious beauty of this city and its rich cultural, artistic and architectural history would need many books to describe fully. But I hope the congress participants will find time to experience the delights of the city including the Via Roma with its beautiful buildings and fashionable shopping. No one should miss the spectacular Piazza San Carlo and Piazza Castello, which to me are some of the most fascinating squares in the world and could take days to explore.
But Torino is not just a museum of past glory. The city is also an economic powerhouse of manufacturing and engineering which helps Italy hold its place as one of the leading global economies. The Turino region’s mighty industrial base includes the giant car maker Fiat Chrysler plus a host of automotive supply, engineering, high technology, banking and knowledge-based service companies.
Italy is a country which has raised cooking to a fine art. I am sure that congress participants will only need to stroll into one of the hundreds of fine restaurants and cafes in the city to enjoy the flavours the artists in Torino’s kitchens produce.
Italian emergency medicine is held in great respect internationally. Italy has taken the crucial step forward of introducing the specialty physician for emergency medicine. This was a key move to achieve the high level of medical excellence among Italian emergency physicians which is so respected.
I think this congress will be fascinating as we experience the favour of the high-quality scientific programme and hopefully the flavours and beauty of this marvellous city too.
Join us in Torino 2015 for the genuine European flavour!The following two tabs change content below.Paramedic, educator, researcherAlan is a critical care paramedic, paramedic educator and prehospital researcher, currently working around the world as an educator and researcher. He has previously worked and studied across Europe, North America and the Middle East. He holds a Graduate Certificate in Intensive Care Paramedic Studies, and an MSc in Critical Care. His main interests are in care of the elderly, end-of-life care, patient safety, professionalism (including role and identity), and paramedic education.
Latest posts by Alan Batt (see all)
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Vol 3 Issue 2 - 27/06/16
- Free CPD at the Emergency Services Show - 23/05/16
- Care at the Scene – Research for Ambulance Services - 17/05/16
- Canadian Paramedicine Feb/Mar 2016 – Open Access Issue - 11/04/16
- Eat, sleep and be healthy – a paramedic’s guide to healthier shift work - 10/04/16
Last modified: 25/06/15
Get weekly email updates!
Cast Your Vote
- Blogs (40)
- Case Studies (8)
- Featured Article (23)
- How-To (47)
- FOAM (8)
- News (117)
- Conference Tweets (31)
- Pharmacology (1)
- Adrenaline (1)
- Research (180)
- Advanced Practice (2)
- Airway Management (6)
- Anaphylaxis (2)
- Cardiac (15)
- Community Paramedic (2)
- Critical Care Paramedic (4)
- Diagnostics (3)
- Dispatch (1)
- ECG (4)
- Education (10)
- EMS Operations (2)
- End-of-Life Care (3)
- Geriatrics (9)
- Guidelines (22)
- HEMS (4)
- Mass Casualty (2)
- Medical Conditions (5)
- Mental Health (7)
- Military & Tactical (2)
- Neonatal (1)
- Neuro (11)
- Obstetrics (1)
- Paediatrics (4)
- Pain Management (4)
- Poster Presentations (5)
- Professionalism (5)
- Remote, Industrial & Austere (6)
- Respiratory (5)
- Resuscitation (27)
- Rural (3)
- Safety (3)
- Sepsis (7)
- Shock (2)
- Simulation (7)
- Sports Medicine (1)
- Trauma (20)
- Reviews (6)
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Vol 3 Issue 2 (27/06/16)
- Free CPD at the Emergency Services Show (23/05/16)
- Canadian Paramedicine Feb/Mar 2016 – Open Access Issue (11/04/16)
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Volume 3 Issue 1 (01/04/16)
- Introducing the Irish Journal of Paramedicine (22/11/15)
Latest How-To Articles
- Paramedic students…write something! (28/04/16)
- Understanding diagnostic tests 2: likelihood ratios, pre- and post-test probabilities and their use in clinical practice (30/01/15)
- Understanding diagnostic tests 1: sensitivity, specificity and predictive values (11/12/14)
- GRADE guidelines – best practices using the GRADE framework (22/11/14)
- How to get started with EMS research – JEMS (16/05/14)
academic ACS AED airway management ambulance AMI Australia Canada cardiac cardiac arrest case study CCP clinical management computer conference consensus CPG CPR CPR UL critical care CVA database ECG education elderly EMS evidence based FOAM FPHC geriatric guide guideline guidelines haemorrhage HEMS immobilisation Ireland journal medication mental health neurology news OHCA online paediatric pain management paramedic prehospital PTSD reference research resuscitation review safety sepsis simulation social media software spinal STEMI stress stroke study TBI training Translational Health Sciences trauma Twitter UK USA