Dextrose 10% is a feasible, safe and efficient alternative to Dextrose 50% in the prehospital management of hypoglycaemia.
No Benefit to Prehospital Initiation of Therapeutic Hypothermia in Out-of-hospital Cardiac Arrest: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
Is there any benefit to initiating therapeutic hypothermia in the prehospital setting? This systematic review says possibly not using current evidence.
David Fitzpatrick and colleagues investigate medical and nursing staff perceptions and experiences of the introduction of a pre-hospital sepsis screening tool (PSST) to expedite sepsis identification and care delivery
Are we failing to diagnose heart failure in the prehospital setting? And should we still be giving furosemide to those we do diagnose?
SSC continues to recommend all elements of the current sepsis resuscitation bundles.
Can prehospital records show concordance between myocardial infarction symptoms when compared with hospital records and ED diagnosis?
CRISTAL trial: Colloids vs crystalloids in critically ill patients presenting with hypovolemic shock
A trial designed to test whether use of colloids compared with crystalloids for fluid resuscitation alters mortality in patients admitted to the ICU with hypovolemic shock.
Is there a place for bariatric-specific simulation in prehospital education?
The Peninsula Emergency Medicine and Trauma Conference 2014 is the third national level conference hosted by the Peninsula Trauma and Emergency Care Society. Taking place at the Future Inn in Plymouth on the 29th – 30th March 2014, we are laying on a feast for all interested in Emergency Medicine and Trauma care, from trainees […]
In a multicenter randomised trial conducted in the tertiary care setting, protocol-based resuscitation of patients in whom septic shock was diagnosed in the emergency department did not improve outcomes.
- Blogs (40)
- Case Studies (8)
- Featured Article (23)
- How-To (47)
- FOAM (8)
- News (117)
- Conference Tweets (31)
- Pharmacology (1)
- Adrenaline (1)
- Research (180)
- Advanced Practice (2)
- Airway Management (6)
- Anaphylaxis (2)
- Cardiac (15)
- Community Paramedic (2)
- Critical Care Paramedic (4)
- Diagnostics (3)
- Dispatch (1)
- ECG (4)
- Education (10)
- EMS Operations (2)
- End-of-Life Care (3)
- Geriatrics (9)
- Guidelines (22)
- HEMS (4)
- Mass Casualty (2)
- Medical Conditions (5)
- Mental Health (7)
- Military & Tactical (2)
- Neonatal (1)
- Neuro (11)
- Obstetrics (1)
- Paediatrics (4)
- Pain Management (4)
- Poster Presentations (5)
- Professionalism (5)
- Remote, Industrial & Austere (6)
- Respiratory (5)
- Resuscitation (27)
- Rural (3)
- Safety (3)
- Sepsis (7)
- Shock (2)
- Simulation (7)
- Sports Medicine (1)
- Trauma (20)
- Reviews (6)
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Vol 3 Issue 2 (27/06/16)
- Free CPD at the Emergency Services Show (23/05/16)
- Canadian Paramedicine Feb/Mar 2016 – Open Access Issue (11/04/16)
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Volume 3 Issue 1 (01/04/16)
- Introducing the Irish Journal of Paramedicine (22/11/15)
- Paramedic students…write something! (28/04/16)
- Understanding diagnostic tests 2: likelihood ratios, pre- and post-test probabilities and their use in clinical practice (30/01/15)
- Understanding diagnostic tests 1: sensitivity, specificity and predictive values (11/12/14)
- GRADE guidelines – best practices using the GRADE framework (22/11/14)
- How to get started with EMS research – JEMS (16/05/14)