Research findings and summaries posted here are not an authorisation to change work practices or protocols. Always act within your scope of practice and according to your local protocols/guidelines. You hereby agree that you shall not make any medical or health-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in our posts on the website or on our social media outlets.
You should consult a licensed physician or appropriately-credentialed health care worker in your community in all matters relating to your health. Our social media activities are not intended to act as an alternative to visiting your doctor or contacting your local health facility.
We do not include any personal health information (PHI) on our social media networks or websites, and PHI will be removed if posted by a user.
Content made available on prehospitalresearch.eu or associated social media outlets is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. Under no circumstances, as a result of your use of these resources, will the authors be liable to you or to any other person for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary or other damages under any legal theory, including, without limitation, tort, contract, strict liability or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Thoughts, opinions and ideas expressed within posts or articles on this site are strictly those of the individual author detailed in each post. The views expressed in these posts and opinions do not represent any emergency medical service, ambulance service, university, college, organisation or employer that the author may be affiliated with, studying at or employed by.
Please remember, the information you post online is public. To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, do not include personally identifiable information such as phone numbers, addresses, or e-mail addresses in the body of your comment.
Information you give us.
When you provide us with personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number etc. we will use it only for the purposes for which it was obtained, which will be clearly indicated. We will not share your personal information with any other company, organisation or individual without your express consent and authorisation (e.g. passing your details on to a researcher for collaboration).
We welcome comments that facilitate communication about topics concerning prehospital research and education. We reserve the right to determine which comments violate our comment policy as well as remove violations. User comments do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Prehospital Research Support Site, prehospitalresearch.eu or its affiliates.
The views expressed on our social media outlets and website have no relation to those of any academic, hospital, practice or other institution with which the authors are affiliated.
Please observe the following guidelines or your comments will be subject to removal:
- No classified information or sensitive content
- No copyright protected material
- No impersonations
- No information that violates privacy
- No hateful, violent, or offensive content
- No endorsements and promotions
- No personal attacks
- No pornography or sexual content
- No off-topic remarks
- No spam/malicious code
- Any other content that could put the site at risk
We recognize that the web is a 24/7 medium, and your comments are welcome at any time. However, given our limited resources, moderating of comments will occur when possible – this includes comments submitted after normal working hours or on weekends.
Members of the media are asked to send questions to the editor directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) and to refrain from submitting questions as comments. These comments are subject to removal.
Third Party Links
We may, from time to time, contain links to other (“third party”) web sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience and not as a guarantee or recommendation by the authors for the services, information, opinion or any other content on such third party web sites or as an indication of any affiliation, sponsorship or endorsement of such third party web sites.
The authors are not responsible for the content of any linked or otherwise connected web sites. The authors do not make any representations or guarantees regarding the privacy practices of, or the content or accuracy of materials included in, any linked or third party websites. The inclusion of third party advertisements on the Site does not constitute an endorsement, guarantee, or recommendation. The authors make no representations and/or guarantees regarding any product or service contained therein.
- The site does not host or receive funding from advertising or from the display of commercial content.
- The site receives no money from any pharmaceutical companies, device-manufacturers, or any other company.
- We use Amazon Affiliate links for certain items we may recommend- these are contained within identifiable areas of the site, and all affiliate links are clearly marked. Our store is a clearly identifiable Amazon Affiliate store.
- Banners containing links to featured conferences, and deals for users of the site are not considered advertising for the purposes of this policy. These links are provided on a reciprocal basis (we display a banner link, they display our site link in return) – these banners are not advertisements but have been provided for further reference or other purposes. These are clearly marked with an affiliate link banner
- Our editorial content is not influenced by any funding source.
This site is funded mainly by private contributions from the editor (Alan Batt) with a small proportion of income generated through donations and Amazon Affiliate account. All money generated by the site is re-invested in services for the site such as hosting, domain registration, graphic design etc. The site does not host or receive funding from advertising or from the display of commercial content. The site receives no money from any pharmaceutical companies, device-manufacturers, or any other company. Our editorial content is not influenced by any funding source
Thank you for taking the time to read this policy. We encourage your participation in our social media outlets and website and look forward to an educational exchange of ideas.
Last modified: 28/02/14
Get weekly email updates!
Cast Your Vote
- Blogs (40)
- Case Studies (8)
- Featured Article (23)
- How-To (47)
- FOAM (8)
- News (117)
- Conference Tweets (31)
- Pharmacology (1)
- Adrenaline (1)
- Research (180)
- Advanced Practice (2)
- Airway Management (6)
- Anaphylaxis (2)
- Cardiac (15)
- Community Paramedic (2)
- Critical Care Paramedic (4)
- Diagnostics (3)
- Dispatch (1)
- ECG (4)
- Education (10)
- EMS Operations (2)
- End-of-Life Care (3)
- Geriatrics (9)
- Guidelines (22)
- HEMS (4)
- Mass Casualty (2)
- Medical Conditions (5)
- Mental Health (7)
- Military & Tactical (2)
- Neonatal (1)
- Neuro (11)
- Obstetrics (1)
- Paediatrics (4)
- Pain Management (4)
- Poster Presentations (5)
- Professionalism (5)
- Remote, Industrial & Austere (6)
- Respiratory (5)
- Resuscitation (27)
- Rural (3)
- Safety (3)
- Sepsis (7)
- Shock (2)
- Simulation (7)
- Sports Medicine (1)
- Trauma (20)
- Reviews (6)
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Vol 3 Issue 2 (27/06/16)
- Free CPD at the Emergency Services Show (23/05/16)
- Canadian Paramedicine Feb/Mar 2016 – Open Access Issue (11/04/16)
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Volume 3 Issue 1 (01/04/16)
- Introducing the Irish Journal of Paramedicine (22/11/15)
Latest How-To Articles
- Paramedic students…write something! (28/04/16)
- Understanding diagnostic tests 2: likelihood ratios, pre- and post-test probabilities and their use in clinical practice (30/01/15)
- Understanding diagnostic tests 1: sensitivity, specificity and predictive values (11/12/14)
- GRADE guidelines – best practices using the GRADE framework (22/11/14)
- How to get started with EMS research – JEMS (16/05/14)
academic AED airway management ambulance AMI Australia Canada cardiac cardiac arrest case study CCP clinical management computer conference consensus CPG CPR CPR UL critical care CVA database ECG education elderly EMS epinephrine evidence based FOAM FPHC geriatric guide guidelines haemorrhage HEMS immobilisation Ireland journal medication mental health neurology news OHCA online pain management paramedic prehospital PTSD reference research resuscitation review ROSC safety Scotland sepsis simulation social media software spinal STEMI stress stroke study TBI training Translational Health Sciences trauma Twitter UK USA