#FOAMems is now here!
by Alan Batt. Last modified: 04/02/14
We’ve registered a new healthcare hastag for use on Twitter & Facebook for all things related to EMS & prehospital education and research – #FOAMems. This will allow for collection of all EMS and prehospital related material using one hashtag – and staying within the FOAM family solidifies our place within the medical community.
What is the FOAM family exactly? Check this post out for a quick review on what all this FOAM business is about.
We’ve learned an extraordinary amount thanks to our FOAMed, FOAMcc, FOAMped and FOAMtox friends – but let’s not be FOAM tag-alongs (pun-intended) any longer! Let’s get sharing pertinent prehospital information amongst providers worldwide with FOAMems.
Of course, lots of information is applicable to all fields and can be multi-tagged! If you’re on Twitter, spread the word!
If you’re not on Twitter – get on it. Check out our post on Twitter for EMS Providers!
Find out how many people are using #FOAMems (and who they are & what they are saying) on the Symplur #FOAMems page.
Don’t forget that hashtags also work on Facebook!The following two tabs change content below.Paramedic, educator, researcherAlan is a critical care paramedic, paramedic educator and prehospital researcher, currently working around the world as an educator and researcher. He has previously worked and studied across Europe, North America and the Middle East. He holds a Graduate Certificate in Intensive Care Paramedic Studies, and an MSc in Critical Care. His main interests are in care of the elderly, end-of-life care, patient safety, professionalism (including role and identity), and paramedic education.
Latest posts by Alan Batt (see all)
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Vol 3 Issue 2 - 27/06/16
- Free CPD at the Emergency Services Show - 23/05/16
- Care at the Scene – Research for Ambulance Services - 17/05/16
- Canadian Paramedicine Feb/Mar 2016 – Open Access Issue - 11/04/16
- Eat, sleep and be healthy – a paramedic’s guide to healthier shift work - 10/04/16
#FOAMems is now here!
Get weekly email updates!
Cast Your Vote
- Blogs (40)
- Case Studies (8)
- Featured Article (23)
- How-To (47)
- FOAM (8)
- News (117)
- Conference Tweets (31)
- Pharmacology (1)
- Adrenaline (1)
- Research (180)
- Advanced Practice (2)
- Airway Management (6)
- Anaphylaxis (2)
- Cardiac (15)
- Community Paramedic (2)
- Critical Care Paramedic (4)
- Diagnostics (3)
- Dispatch (1)
- ECG (4)
- Education (10)
- EMS Operations (2)
- End-of-Life Care (3)
- Geriatrics (9)
- Guidelines (22)
- HEMS (4)
- Mass Casualty (2)
- Medical Conditions (5)
- Mental Health (7)
- Military & Tactical (2)
- Neonatal (1)
- Neuro (11)
- Obstetrics (1)
- Paediatrics (4)
- Pain Management (4)
- Poster Presentations (5)
- Professionalism (5)
- Remote, Industrial & Austere (6)
- Respiratory (5)
- Resuscitation (27)
- Rural (3)
- Safety (3)
- Sepsis (7)
- Shock (2)
- Simulation (7)
- Sports Medicine (1)
- Trauma (20)
- Reviews (6)
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Vol 3 Issue 2 (27/06/16)
- Free CPD at the Emergency Services Show (23/05/16)
- Canadian Paramedicine Feb/Mar 2016 – Open Access Issue (11/04/16)
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Volume 3 Issue 1 (01/04/16)
- Introducing the Irish Journal of Paramedicine (22/11/15)
Latest How-To Articles
- Paramedic students…write something! (28/04/16)
- Understanding diagnostic tests 2: likelihood ratios, pre- and post-test probabilities and their use in clinical practice (30/01/15)
- Understanding diagnostic tests 1: sensitivity, specificity and predictive values (11/12/14)
- GRADE guidelines – best practices using the GRADE framework (22/11/14)
- How to get started with EMS research – JEMS (16/05/14)
academic ACS AED airway management ambulance AMI Australia Canada cardiac cardiac arrest case study CCP clinical management computer conference consensus CPG CPR CPR UL critical care CVA database ECG education elderly EMS evidence based FOAM FPHC geriatric guide guidelines haemorrhage HEMS immobilisation Ireland journal medication mental health neurology news OHCA online pain management paramedic prehospital PTSD reference research resuscitation review ROSC safety Scotland sepsis simulation social media software spinal STEMI stress stroke study TBI training Translational Health Sciences trauma Twitter UK USA