Marc reviews an article that give an overview of some of the issues surrounding developing guidelines for paramedics
Adherence to guidelines and protocols in the prehospital and emergency care setting: a systematic review.
A review of provider adherence to guidelines in the prehospital setting.
Knowledge translation in emergency medical services: A qualitative survey of barriers to guideline implementation.
This study sought to determine why there was such a long delay in implementing AHA CPR & ECC Guidelines in the ROC Consortium
A 2007 review of the post-ROSC care of 157 post ROSC patients prehospitaly in Finland showing poor care was associated with poor outcomes.
Adherence to guidelines and protocols in the prehospital and emergency care setting: a systematic review
A review of a 2013 European study of compliance with international guidelines by dispatchers, prehospital and in-hospital clinicians.
Marc reviews and recommends Becker’s paper on a guideline for updating guidelines.
How Often Should Clinical Practice Guidelines be Updated – A review of CPG development handbook recommendations.
Marc reviews some articles that look at when CPGs should be updated, and how often.
- Blogs (40)
- Case Studies (8)
- Featured Article (23)
- How-To (47)
- FOAM (8)
- News (117)
- Conference Tweets (31)
- Pharmacology (1)
- Adrenaline (1)
- Research (180)
- Advanced Practice (2)
- Airway Management (6)
- Anaphylaxis (2)
- Cardiac (15)
- Community Paramedic (2)
- Critical Care Paramedic (4)
- Diagnostics (3)
- Dispatch (1)
- ECG (4)
- Education (10)
- EMS Operations (2)
- End-of-Life Care (3)
- Geriatrics (9)
- Guidelines (22)
- HEMS (4)
- Mass Casualty (2)
- Medical Conditions (5)
- Mental Health (7)
- Military & Tactical (2)
- Neonatal (1)
- Neuro (11)
- Obstetrics (1)
- Paediatrics (4)
- Pain Management (4)
- Poster Presentations (5)
- Professionalism (5)
- Remote, Industrial & Austere (6)
- Respiratory (5)
- Resuscitation (27)
- Rural (3)
- Safety (3)
- Sepsis (7)
- Shock (2)
- Simulation (7)
- Sports Medicine (1)
- Trauma (20)
- Reviews (6)
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Vol 3 Issue 2 (27/06/16)
- Free CPD at the Emergency Services Show (23/05/16)
- Canadian Paramedicine Feb/Mar 2016 – Open Access Issue (11/04/16)
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Volume 3 Issue 1 (01/04/16)
- Introducing the Irish Journal of Paramedicine (22/11/15)
- Paramedic students…write something! (28/04/16)
- Understanding diagnostic tests 2: likelihood ratios, pre- and post-test probabilities and their use in clinical practice (30/01/15)
- Understanding diagnostic tests 1: sensitivity, specificity and predictive values (11/12/14)
- GRADE guidelines – best practices using the GRADE framework (22/11/14)
- How to get started with EMS research – JEMS (16/05/14)