The European Resuscitation Council have released their 2015 Guidelines – read them for free here!
The American Heart Association have released the 2015 CPR & ECC Gudelines, read them for free here!
Are you a paramedic working in a remote or industrial setting? Please consider completing this survey if you are!
Stirling et al. looked at the role of the extended scope paramedic back in 2007, and found that in addition to improved health due to clinical skills, they can improve health care beyond this by active community engagement.
A recent study in Ireland showed that for haemodynamically stable patients, controlled self-extrication causes less movement of the cervical spine than extrications performed using traditional prehospital rescue equipment.
A look at how the profession is evolving and maturing internationally, from Canada, the USA and the UK to Ireland and Australia.
Time on the scene and interventions are associated with improved survival in pediatric out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
During out-of-hospital cardiac arrest, a scene time of 10 to 35min was associated with the highest survival, especially among adolescents in this study.
CPR performed before EMS arrival was associated with a 30-day survival rate that was more than twice as high as that associated with no CPR before EMS arrival.
A recent article by Alan, published in Canadian Paramedicine, discussing the affective domain and advice for paramedic educators on teaching and evaluating it.
A poster presentation from Louise O’Flynn, EMT with St. John Ambulance in Ireland, and Masters in Public Health student in University College Cork.
- Blogs (40)
- Case Studies (8)
- Featured Article (23)
- How-To (47)
- FOAM (8)
- News (117)
- Conference Tweets (31)
- Pharmacology (1)
- Adrenaline (1)
- Research (180)
- Advanced Practice (2)
- Airway Management (6)
- Anaphylaxis (2)
- Cardiac (15)
- Community Paramedic (2)
- Critical Care Paramedic (4)
- Diagnostics (3)
- Dispatch (1)
- ECG (4)
- Education (10)
- EMS Operations (2)
- End-of-Life Care (3)
- Geriatrics (9)
- Guidelines (22)
- HEMS (4)
- Mass Casualty (2)
- Medical Conditions (5)
- Mental Health (7)
- Military & Tactical (2)
- Neonatal (1)
- Neuro (11)
- Obstetrics (1)
- Paediatrics (4)
- Pain Management (4)
- Poster Presentations (5)
- Professionalism (5)
- Remote, Industrial & Austere (6)
- Respiratory (5)
- Resuscitation (27)
- Rural (3)
- Safety (3)
- Sepsis (7)
- Shock (2)
- Simulation (7)
- Sports Medicine (1)
- Trauma (20)
- Reviews (6)
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Vol 3 Issue 2 (27/06/16)
- Free CPD at the Emergency Services Show (23/05/16)
- Canadian Paramedicine Feb/Mar 2016 – Open Access Issue (11/04/16)
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Volume 3 Issue 1 (01/04/16)
- Introducing the Irish Journal of Paramedicine (22/11/15)
- Paramedic students…write something! (28/04/16)
- Understanding diagnostic tests 2: likelihood ratios, pre- and post-test probabilities and their use in clinical practice (30/01/15)
- Understanding diagnostic tests 1: sensitivity, specificity and predictive values (11/12/14)
- GRADE guidelines – best practices using the GRADE framework (22/11/14)
- How to get started with EMS research – JEMS (16/05/14)