A recent article in Canadian Paramedicine discussing some very important health and lifestyle information for all paramedics.
A review of medications that can be safely administered through the intranasal route.
A great overview of the pathophysiological differences and similarities between asthma and COPD.
JESIP: What is it, and why?
A brief downtime is a relatively simple and effective strategy in preventing later depression symptoms
Empathy levels among health professional students: a cross-sectional study at two universities in Australia
Empathy is paramount in the health care setting, optimizing communication and rapport with patients. Recent empirical evidence suggests that empathy is associated with improved clinical outcomes.
Out-of-Hospital Stroke Screen Accuracy in a State With an Emergency Medical Services Protocol for Routing Patients to Acute Stroke Centers
Our diagnostic tests for diagnosing CVAs in the prehospital setting have limited specificity.
The PHANTOM-S Trial: Effect of the use of ambulance-based thrombolysis on time to thrombolysis in acute ischemic stroke
Does starting thrombolysis in the prehospital setting in a specialised mobile CT ambulance reduce alarm-to-thrombolysis time?
The second of two summaries covering articles in Resuscitation in 2013 covering areas such as ACLS, ECMO, mechanical CPR, post ROSC care and prognostication.
The first of two summaries covering articles in Resuscitation in 2013 covering areas such as prevention of cardiac arrest, basic life support, defibrillation and cardiac arrest in special circumstances.
- Blogs (40)
- Case Studies (8)
- Featured Article (23)
- How-To (47)
- FOAM (8)
- News (117)
- Conference Tweets (31)
- Pharmacology (1)
- Adrenaline (1)
- Research (180)
- Advanced Practice (2)
- Airway Management (6)
- Anaphylaxis (2)
- Cardiac (15)
- Community Paramedic (2)
- Critical Care Paramedic (4)
- Diagnostics (3)
- Dispatch (1)
- ECG (4)
- Education (10)
- EMS Operations (2)
- End-of-Life Care (3)
- Geriatrics (9)
- Guidelines (22)
- HEMS (4)
- Mass Casualty (2)
- Medical Conditions (5)
- Mental Health (7)
- Military & Tactical (2)
- Neonatal (1)
- Neuro (11)
- Obstetrics (1)
- Paediatrics (4)
- Pain Management (4)
- Poster Presentations (5)
- Professionalism (5)
- Remote, Industrial & Austere (6)
- Respiratory (5)
- Resuscitation (27)
- Rural (3)
- Safety (3)
- Sepsis (7)
- Shock (2)
- Simulation (7)
- Sports Medicine (1)
- Trauma (20)
- Reviews (6)
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Vol 3 Issue 2 (27/06/16)
- Free CPD at the Emergency Services Show (23/05/16)
- Canadian Paramedicine Feb/Mar 2016 – Open Access Issue (11/04/16)
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Volume 3 Issue 1 (01/04/16)
- Introducing the Irish Journal of Paramedicine (22/11/15)
- Paramedic students…write something! (28/04/16)
- Understanding diagnostic tests 2: likelihood ratios, pre- and post-test probabilities and their use in clinical practice (30/01/15)
- Understanding diagnostic tests 1: sensitivity, specificity and predictive values (11/12/14)
- GRADE guidelines – best practices using the GRADE framework (22/11/14)
- How to get started with EMS research – JEMS (16/05/14)