A recent article by Alan, published in Canadian Paramedicine, discussing the affective domain and advice for paramedic educators on teaching and evaluating it.
Continuous Professional Competence (CPC) for Irish paramedics and advanced paramedics: a national study
Knox et al. look at Irish Paramedics and Advanced Paramedics attitudes to CPC in this study.
This article defines FOAM, details its development and considers its role, particularly in relationship to scientific journals, textbooks and medical education as a whole.
The majority of You-Tube video clips purporting to be about CPR are not relevant educational material
Interprofessional learning could help to develop and refine the expanding role of paramedics in rural settings.
Is there a role for cadaveric training incorporated into Paramedic education?
We need to redesign our educational programs to improve and promote the study skills of university students.
A systematic review and meta-analysis of audiovisual feedback device use by health care professionals during CPR
Do audiovisual feedback devices improve CPR quality?
Is there a place for bariatric-specific simulation in prehospital education?
Abstract INTRODUCTION: Ireland introduced paramedic services to its ambulance services in 2005 and an accredited training programme has begun to train candidates. The training programme is 11 months long and includes distance learning, taught and internship phases. The internship involves six weeks of supervised paramedic practice in the setting of a rapid response vehicle crewed […]
- Blogs (40)
- Case Studies (8)
- Featured Article (23)
- How-To (47)
- FOAM (8)
- News (117)
- Conference Tweets (31)
- Pharmacology (1)
- Adrenaline (1)
- Research (180)
- Advanced Practice (2)
- Airway Management (6)
- Anaphylaxis (2)
- Cardiac (15)
- Community Paramedic (2)
- Critical Care Paramedic (4)
- Diagnostics (3)
- Dispatch (1)
- ECG (4)
- Education (10)
- EMS Operations (2)
- End-of-Life Care (3)
- Geriatrics (9)
- Guidelines (22)
- HEMS (4)
- Mass Casualty (2)
- Medical Conditions (5)
- Mental Health (7)
- Military & Tactical (2)
- Neonatal (1)
- Neuro (11)
- Obstetrics (1)
- Paediatrics (4)
- Pain Management (4)
- Poster Presentations (5)
- Professionalism (5)
- Remote, Industrial & Austere (6)
- Respiratory (5)
- Resuscitation (27)
- Rural (3)
- Safety (3)
- Sepsis (7)
- Shock (2)
- Simulation (7)
- Sports Medicine (1)
- Trauma (20)
- Reviews (6)
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Vol 3 Issue 2 (27/06/16)
- Free CPD at the Emergency Services Show (23/05/16)
- Canadian Paramedicine Feb/Mar 2016 – Open Access Issue (11/04/16)
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Volume 3 Issue 1 (01/04/16)
- Introducing the Irish Journal of Paramedicine (22/11/15)
- Paramedic students…write something! (28/04/16)
- Understanding diagnostic tests 2: likelihood ratios, pre- and post-test probabilities and their use in clinical practice (30/01/15)
- Understanding diagnostic tests 1: sensitivity, specificity and predictive values (11/12/14)
- GRADE guidelines – best practices using the GRADE framework (22/11/14)
- How to get started with EMS research – JEMS (16/05/14)