Marc reviews an article that give an overview of some of the issues surrounding developing guidelines for paramedics
Adherence to guidelines and protocols in the prehospital and emergency care setting: a systematic review.
A review of provider adherence to guidelines in the prehospital setting.
Knowledge translation in emergency medical services: A qualitative survey of barriers to guideline implementation.
This study sought to determine why there was such a long delay in implementing AHA CPR & ECC Guidelines in the ROC Consortium
A 2007 review of the post-ROSC care of 157 post ROSC patients prehospitaly in Finland showing poor care was associated with poor outcomes.
Adherence to guidelines and protocols in the prehospital and emergency care setting: a systematic review
A review of a 2013 European study of compliance with international guidelines by dispatchers, prehospital and in-hospital clinicians.
Studies related to adrenaline (epinephrine) administration during cardiac arrest.
Marc reviews and recommends Becker’s paper on a guideline for updating guidelines.
How Often Should Clinical Practice Guidelines be Updated – A review of CPG development handbook recommendations.
Marc reviews some articles that look at when CPGs should be updated, and how often.
Ondansetron IV before attempting awake intubation in order to reduce the gag reflex? Maybe!
The use of a 4-step algorithm in the electrocardiographic diagnosis of ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction by novice interpreters
Hartman, Baros and Brady present four simple rules that novice (and even experienced) 12 lead ECG readers can use to rule in most STEMI’s
- Blogs (40)
- Case Studies (8)
- Featured Article (23)
- How-To (47)
- FOAM (8)
- News (117)
- Conference Tweets (31)
- Pharmacology (1)
- Adrenaline (1)
- Research (180)
- Advanced Practice (2)
- Airway Management (6)
- Anaphylaxis (2)
- Cardiac (15)
- Community Paramedic (2)
- Critical Care Paramedic (4)
- Diagnostics (3)
- Dispatch (1)
- ECG (4)
- Education (10)
- EMS Operations (2)
- End-of-Life Care (3)
- Geriatrics (9)
- Guidelines (22)
- HEMS (4)
- Mass Casualty (2)
- Medical Conditions (5)
- Mental Health (7)
- Military & Tactical (2)
- Neonatal (1)
- Neuro (11)
- Obstetrics (1)
- Paediatrics (4)
- Pain Management (4)
- Poster Presentations (5)
- Professionalism (5)
- Remote, Industrial & Austere (6)
- Respiratory (5)
- Resuscitation (27)
- Rural (3)
- Safety (3)
- Sepsis (7)
- Shock (2)
- Simulation (7)
- Sports Medicine (1)
- Trauma (20)
- Reviews (6)
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Vol 3 Issue 2 (27/06/16)
- Free CPD at the Emergency Services Show (23/05/16)
- Canadian Paramedicine Feb/Mar 2016 – Open Access Issue (11/04/16)
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Volume 3 Issue 1 (01/04/16)
- Introducing the Irish Journal of Paramedicine (22/11/15)
- Paramedic students…write something! (28/04/16)
- Understanding diagnostic tests 2: likelihood ratios, pre- and post-test probabilities and their use in clinical practice (30/01/15)
- Understanding diagnostic tests 1: sensitivity, specificity and predictive values (11/12/14)
- GRADE guidelines – best practices using the GRADE framework (22/11/14)
- How to get started with EMS research – JEMS (16/05/14)