Dedicated to promoting and supporting research amongst pre-hospital care providers worldwide. Submissions are always welcome – contact us if you’d like to submit something!
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Vol 3 Issue 2 - Free access to the latest issue of Resuscitation Today, containing articles on patient safety, resuscitation and clinical care.
- Free CPD at the Emergency Services Show - Free CPD workshops at the ESS - full details here!
- Smashing the Stigma, it starts with us….. - Jess recently gave a talk on mental health and stigma at the SPA-NZ Conference in New Zealand. Here it is for your viewing pleasure.
- Care at the Scene – Research for Ambulance Services - Care at the Scene brings together recent research evidence on urgent and emergency care, focused on the ambulance service in the UK.
- Paramedic students…write something! - Chris encourages paramedic students to begin their journey in writing and publishing - it's easier than you think!
- Canadian Paramedicine Feb/Mar 2016 – Open Access Issue - An entire issue of articles focused on paramedic well-being
- Eat, sleep and be healthy – a paramedic’s guide to healthier shift work - A recent article in Canadian Paramedicine discussing some very important health and lifestyle information for all paramedics.
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Volume 3 Issue 1 - Read the latest issue of Resuscitation Today edited by Alan
- Enhancing patient safety education for paramedics with the IHI Open School - A recent article published by Alan in Canadian Paramedicine.
- A national research agenda for pre-hospital emergency medical services in the Netherlands: a Delphi-study - A recently published study in the Netherlands identifies key priorities for prehospital research.
- Rapid Reviews: Care of traumatic amputated parts - A rapid review of the evidence surrounding guidance for care of amputated parts following traumatic injury.
- Is there a place for REBOA in cardiac arrest? - Chris our Canadian Editor debates the pros and cons of REBOA. We're interested to hear your thoughts!
- Prehospital guidance for medical provision for wilderness medicine - FPHC have published a commentary paper on the Guidance for Medical Provision for Wilderness Medicine.
- Introducing the Irish Journal of Paramedicine - Details on the newly launched Irish Journal of Paramedicine.
- The pre-hospital management of life-threatening chest injuries: a consensus statement - A consensus statement from the Faculty of Prehospital Care, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
Last modified: 24/01/14
Get weekly email updates!
Cast Your Vote
- Blogs (40)
- Case Studies (8)
- Featured Article (23)
- How-To (47)
- FOAM (8)
- News (117)
- Conference Tweets (31)
- Pharmacology (1)
- Adrenaline (1)
- Research (180)
- Advanced Practice (2)
- Airway Management (6)
- Anaphylaxis (2)
- Cardiac (15)
- Community Paramedic (2)
- Critical Care Paramedic (4)
- Diagnostics (3)
- Dispatch (1)
- ECG (4)
- Education (10)
- EMS Operations (2)
- End-of-Life Care (3)
- Geriatrics (9)
- Guidelines (22)
- HEMS (4)
- Mass Casualty (2)
- Medical Conditions (5)
- Mental Health (7)
- Military & Tactical (2)
- Neonatal (1)
- Neuro (11)
- Obstetrics (1)
- Paediatrics (4)
- Pain Management (4)
- Poster Presentations (5)
- Professionalism (5)
- Remote, Industrial & Austere (6)
- Respiratory (5)
- Resuscitation (27)
- Rural (3)
- Safety (3)
- Sepsis (7)
- Shock (2)
- Simulation (7)
- Sports Medicine (1)
- Trauma (20)
- Reviews (6)
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Vol 3 Issue 2 (27/06/16)
- Free CPD at the Emergency Services Show (23/05/16)
- Canadian Paramedicine Feb/Mar 2016 – Open Access Issue (11/04/16)
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Volume 3 Issue 1 (01/04/16)
- Introducing the Irish Journal of Paramedicine (22/11/15)
Latest How-To Articles
- Paramedic students…write something! (28/04/16)
- Understanding diagnostic tests 2: likelihood ratios, pre- and post-test probabilities and their use in clinical practice (30/01/15)
- Understanding diagnostic tests 1: sensitivity, specificity and predictive values (11/12/14)
- GRADE guidelines – best practices using the GRADE framework (22/11/14)
- How to get started with EMS research – JEMS (16/05/14)
academic AED airway management ambulance AMI Australia Canada cardiac cardiac arrest case study CCP clinical management computer conference consensus CPG CPR CPR UL critical care CVA database ECG education elderly EMS epinephrine evidence based FOAM FPHC geriatric guide guidelines haemorrhage HEMS immobilisation Ireland journal medication mental health neurology news OHCA online pain management paramedic prehospital PTSD reference research resuscitation review ROSC safety Scotland sepsis septic shock simulation social media software spinal STEMI stress stroke study training Translational Health Sciences trauma Twitter UK USA