Dedicated to promoting and supporting research amongst pre-hospital care providers worldwide. Submissions are always welcome – contact us if you’d like to submit something!
- Free CPD at the Emergency Services Show - The Emergency Services Show, the leading UK annual event for all emergency services personnel, brings the sector together with the single aim of improving public safety. The Show reflects the importance the services are placing on finding new ways of working together for the mutual benefit of the individual organisations involved and for the benefit […]
- Smashing the Stigma, it starts with us….. - In April this year, I joined my fellow #EMSWOLFPACK brothers as we were invited to present a forum on all things paramedicine at the Student Paramedics Australasia New-Zealands chapter conference which was held in Wellington, NZ. You can search the hashtag #SPANZ16 here for all the highlights of this fantastic event. Whilst I was at […]
- Care at the Scene – Research for Ambulance Services - Care at the Scene brings together recent research evidence on urgent and emergency care, focused on the ambulance service in the UK.
- Paramedic students…write something! - Chris encourages paramedic students to begin their journey in writing and publishing - it's easier than you think!
- Canadian Paramedicine Feb/Mar 2016 – Open Access Issue - An entire issue of articles focused on paramedic well-being
- Eat, sleep and be healthy – a paramedic’s guide to healthier shift work - A recent article in Canadian Paramedicine discussing some very important health and lifestyle information for all paramedics.
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Volume 3 Issue 1 - Read the latest issue of Resuscitation Today edited by Alan
- Enhancing patient safety education for paramedics with the IHI Open School - A recent article published by Alan in Canadian Paramedicine.
- A national research agenda for pre-hospital emergency medical services in the Netherlands: a Delphi-study - A recently published study in the Netherlands identifies key priorities for prehospital research.
- Rapid Reviews: Care of traumatic amputated parts - A rapid review of the evidence surrounding guidance for care of amputated parts following traumatic injury.
- Is there a place for REBOA in cardiac arrest? - Chris our Canadian Editor debates the pros and cons of REBOA. We're interested to hear your thoughts!
- Prehospital guidance for medical provision for wilderness medicine - FPHC have published a commentary paper on the Guidance for Medical Provision for Wilderness Medicine.
- Introducing the Irish Journal of Paramedicine - Details on the newly launched Irish Journal of Paramedicine.
- The pre-hospital management of life-threatening chest injuries: a consensus statement - A consensus statement from the Faculty of Prehospital Care, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
- Follow the latest from Ontario Paramedic Association #Paramedicine2015 Conference - Follow the latest from the Ontario Paramedic Association conference in Niagara Falls, Canada - no Twitter account needed!
Last modified: 24/01/14
Get weekly email updates!
Cast Your Vote
- Blogs (40)
- Case Studies (8)
- Featured Article (23)
- How-To (47)
- FOAM (8)
- News (116)
- Conference Tweets (31)
- Pharmacology (1)
- Adrenaline (1)
- Research (180)
- Advanced Practice (2)
- Airway Management (6)
- Anaphylaxis (2)
- Cardiac (15)
- Community Paramedic (2)
- Critical Care Paramedic (4)
- Diagnostics (3)
- Dispatch (1)
- ECG (4)
- Education (10)
- EMS Operations (2)
- End-of-Life Care (3)
- Geriatrics (9)
- Guidelines (22)
- HEMS (4)
- Mass Casualty (2)
- Medical Conditions (5)
- Mental Health (7)
- Military & Tactical (2)
- Neonatal (1)
- Neuro (11)
- Obstetrics (1)
- Paediatrics (4)
- Pain Management (4)
- Poster Presentations (5)
- Professionalism (5)
- Remote, Industrial & Austere (6)
- Respiratory (5)
- Resuscitation (27)
- Rural (3)
- Safety (3)
- Sepsis (7)
- Shock (2)
- Simulation (7)
- Sports Medicine (1)
- Trauma (20)
- Reviews (6)
October 3 - October 7
- Free CPD at the Emergency Services Show (23/05/16)
- Canadian Paramedicine Feb/Mar 2016 – Open Access Issue (11/04/16)
- Free access: Resuscitation Today Volume 3 Issue 1 (01/04/16)
- Introducing the Irish Journal of Paramedicine (22/11/15)
- Read free – Resuscitation Today journal, Autumn 2015 2(3) (31/10/15)
Latest How-To Articles
- Paramedic students…write something! (28/04/16)
- Understanding diagnostic tests 2: likelihood ratios, pre- and post-test probabilities and their use in clinical practice (30/01/15)
- Understanding diagnostic tests 1: sensitivity, specificity and predictive values (11/12/14)
- GRADE guidelines – best practices using the GRADE framework (22/11/14)
- How to get started with EMS research – JEMS (16/05/14)
academic ACS AED airway management ambulance AMI Australia Canada cardiac cardiac arrest case study CCP clinical management computer conference consensus CPG CPR CPR UL critical care CVA database ECG education elderly EMS evidence based FOAM FPHC geriatric guide guideline guidelines haemorrhage HEMS immobilisation Ireland journal medication mental health neurology news OHCA online paediatric pain management paramedic prehospital PTSD reference research resuscitation review safety sepsis simulation social media software spinal STEMI stress stroke study TBI training Translational Health Sciences trauma Twitter UK USA